Cabarete, located on the north coast of the Dominican Republic, is known for its beautiful beaches and water sports such as kiteboarding and windsurfing. If you’re planning a trip to Cabarete and are looking to hit the beach, here are some of the best options in the area:
- Kite Beach – As the name suggests, this is a popular spot for kiteboarding and windsurfing. The beach has white sand and crystal clear water, and there are several schools in the area that offer lessons for beginners. Kite Beach is also a great spot for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking.
- Sosua Beach – Located just a short drive from Cabarete, Sosua Beach is known for its crystal clear waters and beautiful coral reefs. The beach has several restaurants and bars, as well as a large variety of water sports such as snorkeling, scuba diving, and parasailing.
- Playa Encuentro – This beach is located just a few minutes from Cabarete and is a popular spot for surfing and bodyboarding. The waves can be quite strong at times, so it’s not recommended for inexperienced swimmers. However, the beach has beautiful white sand and clear water, and there are several surf schools in the area that offer lessons for all skill levels.
- Playa Dorada – Located just a short drive from Cabarete, Playa Dorada is a long stretch of white sand beach that is perfect for swimming and sunbathing. The beach has several restaurants and bars, as well as a variety of water sports such as parasailing and jet skiing.
- Bozo Beach – Located on the east side of Cabarete, Bozo Beach is a hidden gem that is not as well-known as some of the other beaches in the area. The beach has beautiful white sand and clear water, and it’s a great spot for swimming and sunbathing. There are also several restaurants and bars in the area.
No matter what your beach preferences may be, you’ll find a spot that suits your needs in the Cabarete area. From surfing and kiteboarding to swimming and sunbathing, there’s something for everyone at these beautiful beaches.